Half an onion, chopped
Clove of garlic, chopped
Half a can of chopped tomatoes
A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
A handful of pitted olives
1 bird’s eye chilli, deseeded
2 tbsp of capers
1 tsp of olive oil
Pinch of salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
2 medium eggs
Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C.
- In a pan, heat the oil. Add the chopped onion and garlic and fry for a couple of minutes until softened.
- Add the chopped chilli. After cooking for a minute, add the chopped cherry tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes before adding half of the can of chopped tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season the tomato sauce well with salt and pepper and add the paprika and cayenne pepper.
- After simmering for a further 10 minutes, add the chopped olives and capers.
- Make 2 dips in the sauce and crack an egg into each hole.
- Take the pan off the heat before placing the pan in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the eggs are cooked whilst the yolk is still runny.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley on top. Serve with sliced, fresh baguette.